Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nokia 8800:The Most Obnoxious Phone On Earth

So I don't understand what's the deal with the Nokia 8800, which when I last checked was at best an adequate (albeit very sleek and cool looking) world phone with shitty battery life and an uncomfortable key pad and an inflated price tag (I use to be a tech editor).

Somehow though, it's become a medium for boutique artist to test how ostentatious they can make this thing look.



First it was laced in diamonds (pictured at the top of the post)

Then, for some reason it was covered with carbonite like Han Solo:

Then dipped in Gold and fixed with white leather on the front and back:

And now comes "The Royal", which is crafted in the UK by Stuart and Katherine Hughes the for who are apparently pioneers in the bespoke customizations of high end luxury gifts & gadgets.

The new luxury Nokia is set to be launched on January 31st, only 50 units of it will be created and the price is as yet unknown but it's platinum and covered in diamonds and it can be purchased through the The Stuart and Hughes Site.

I love and hate this kind of thing, I don't know why. Actually I do know why, I hate it because it's pretentious and stupid, but if I could afford it I would buy one and rub all your faces in it.
So would you.

2 comments:

  1. it's just not impressive to me. what's the point in all this fa...lemme shut the hell up. I'd buy it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...