Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Side of Ketchup: 24

Every week I'll devote myself to "catching up" on a different TV show that I've been slacking off on watching. Praise the gods for the interweb and Hulu.com.
I dig 24.

There I said it.



I like Jack Bauer. I get a thrill when I hear him yell "DO IT!" or "GET DOWN!!" I like seeing Jack kick ass and beat information out of people. Sure the show borders on jingoism, but it's also really entertaining.

I mean I'm only three hours into this season and so much has already happened. There've been two callbacks to Redemption the 24 tv flick; one in that the President's son has "committed suicide" and the other being that the Bad African is gunning for America. Tony's not only not dead, but he's posing as a terrorist while doing a whole deep cover thing.

Chloe and Bill are trying to fight the power and are about to enlist Jack to their cause.

Talk about getting the band back together.

Plus there are tons of new people. There's Billy Walsh from Entourage as a FBI tech guy who's behaving rather suspicious. There's Janeane Garofalo who's providing a nice counterbalance to Chloe.

There's the dude who was the publisher in Dirt as the uptight FBI Director who doesn't like the fact that Jack plays by his own rules and doesn't do things by the book. And then there's some other guy who's really familiar looking as the First Gentlemen who doesn't believe that his son committed suicide.

Did I mention there's a female president who's dealing with an international and domestic crisis?

24 is awesome, for the time being. I'm sure towards the middle of the season things will drag and then when the twist comes in the final half, things might become outlandish. But for the time being I've completely forgotten about the travesty that was Day Six. (Thank god for the writer's strike for putting as much distance between us and that season.)

Man, I can't wait until I'm completely caught up. I just hope that Jack continues to kick ass. That and that the Black guys aren't the only bad guys.

1 comment:

  1. oh, you mean like "catch up". Ketchup. I see what you did there.

    It's a play on words everyone.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...