Thursday, January 29, 2009

"War Haunted"

So Warren Ellis, an award winning writer who I first learned about when I was introduced to The Authority, one of the most bad ass comic books ever. He also wrote Fell, which I heard is brilliant but has been collecting dust under my desk for months now. Maybe this weekend.

Anyways, he had a pretty interesting photoshop/art collection on his blog today that's the work of Sergei Larenkov of Fima-Psuchopadt.



It's a pretty powerful project, he’s reshot WW2-era photographs in the present day, from their original perspectives, and then faded the original photo's in.

I'm not gonna front like I've seen these places in person, or that I was emotionally moved by this, but you have to admit, he's painting a very strong picture with these photos.

I'd like to see this done with other war torn areas, especially in the middle east.

Check out more photos on Fima-Psuchopadt, FYI, the blog is not in english at all.

4 comments:

  1. "He also wrote Fell, which I heard is brilliant but has been collecting dust under my desk for months now. Maybe this weekend."

    Yeah, ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are very cool pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics are pretty amazing. I always envy people who think of creative stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...