Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Side of Ketchup: Heroes

I really don't know why I still watch Heroes. Honestly, I can't think of one character that I really care about. I don't really care for the actors or even the writers. But I am a fan of the concept of "super-heroes" and so I watch the bloody program.



Seriously, the four episodes that I watched this week (which compromised the end of the "Villains" arc) were so overblown and ridiculous that I decided to take a breather before I watched the newest episode.

The show is literally being crushed by the weight of it's own mythology. In the four episodes I watched, Hiro got stranded in the past, again.

Nathan and Peter were at odds, again.

Claire was the pivotal piece of the bad guys ultimate plan, again.

It was like eating leftover of a meal that wasn't that impressive to begin with.

I've hated whiny Mohinder since day one and Parkman is barely less annoying than he's been in the past. Daphne was tolerable, until the reveal that without her powers she's, gasp!, handicapped.
And the storyline with the fanboys in the comic shop was so meta that it sickened me. Like, I seriously hate this show. But I'm sure a few weeks from now I'll read somewhere how Heroes is back in form and doesn't suck any more, which will cause me to catch up and suffer though a mini-marathon of craptastic acting, ham-fisted foreshadowing and overblown writing.

Man I hope that this is the last season and it gets the axe so that I can get out of this shame spiral.

3 comments:

  1. because ketchup = "Catch up"...like you're "catching up" on tv shows, right?

    I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhh!! I was turning my head sideways trying to figure out the ketchup thing. I'm slow.

    anyway, I really wanted to get into Heroes when it 1st came out and now I'm glad I didn't. it sucks that crappy shows stay on air and the good ones are canceled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that always happens. all my favorites are cancelled.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...