Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Munchies - Tostitos Artisan Roasted Garlic & Black Bean



I'm a big fan of established brands premium lines.

I loved late and sorely missed Haagen Dazs' Reserve line. I was equally enamored with the M&M's Premium line.

So when I saw that Tostitos was introducing their Artisan Recipes, I was intrigued, specifically by their Roasted Garlic & Black Bean flavor.





Now I've got to confess; there are few things I like more than crunch.

I dig sweet and crave salty, but crunchy reign supreme when it comes to snacks. So I'm always down to try a new chip.

Tostitos Artisan Roasted Garlic and Black Bean appealed me because of the garlic.  I know that some people don't really dig on it because of how it affects the breath, but it really is one of my favorite flavors.

One of the chip's better attributes is that it's actually a blend of 9 "flavorful" grains.  The reality is that it's just white corn, whole wheat, triticale, oats, rye, barley, millet, buckwheat and brown rice.  But those flavors do give the chip a unique flavor and texture compared to other chips on the market.

Another cool thing about the chip is that it's not slathered with the Garlic and Black Bean flavor. Most chips on the market overdo it with whatever flavor they're supposed to be using. The flavor on these chips is perfect, it's not overpowering and it's not barely there. Tostitos Artisan Roasted Garlic and Black Bean might possibly be most appropriately flavored chip on the market today.



What's really cool about the chips is that it's one of the rare occasions where a dip wouldn't really add anything, because the chips are flavorful enough. Anything added to them would be a distraction.

I introduced these chips to Jay1 and he fell equally in love with them.  I try to keep a bag on hand at all times, but once they're open they're pretty much gone.

I cannot recommend these chips enough.  You really need to search out and find these chips.  Your life will be so much more rewarding when you have them in it.

It'll be like you're seeing the world for the first time in color.

I'm telling you; these chips are that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...