Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Munchies - Popcorn, Indiana - Drizzled Cinnamon Sugar Kettlecorn


When I was a kid one of my favorite breakfast treats was cinnamon toast.  My mom would sometimes make it for me and it was always awesome.  There was something about the buttery goodness mixed with the cinnamon that just made for perfect mornings.

One day I wanted some, but Ma Serpico didn't want to make it.  So I tried my hand at it.  I'm pretty sure I've still got nodes of cinnamon in my sinus cavity. I didn't realize that when it comes to spice a little goes a long way.



I basically burned myself out on cinnamon flavored anything.  Anything that comes close to overdoing it in the cinnamon department gets an instant veto from me.

Lately however I've been allowing cinnamon to creep back into my life.  Which brings us to this edition of Monday Munchies.

I'd had Popcorn, Indiana's Cinnamon Sugar Kettlecorn before and it was inoffensive enough that when I saw the package this time I figured I'd give it another go round.  Of course I missed one important word; "Drizzled."

In my continued ignorance I tore open the bag and proceeded to chow down.  Almost immediately I tasted the added sweetness from the drizzled white chocolate on the kettlecorn.  That white chocolate really packs a kick of sweetness.  It doesn't overpower or neutralize the cinnamon, but it provides a nice balance to it

Drizzled Cinnamon Sugar Kettlecorn is really a fine example in balance.  I'm borderline averse to cinnamon, yet I love the spice is judiciously distributed on the kernels.  I'm also not a fan of the super sweet, but neither the white chocolate nor dusting of sugar overwhelms my palate.

Honestly I'm surprised how much I enjoy it.

If you're a fan of any of the major components (kettlecorn, popcorn or cinnamon) you owe it to yourself to try out Popcorn, Indiana's Drizzled Cinnamon Sugar Kettlecorn.  I'm guessing you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...