Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Munchies – Ben & Jerry’s Brownie Chew Gooder



One day I’ll come to grips with the fact that I’m addicted to junk food.  I’m a habitual snacker.  When I hit up the grocery store at least 50% of my purchases are snacks.  And the same could probably be said of my actual diet. 

But as long as my metabolism maintains it’s breakneck speed, I’m going to continue eating what I want, when I want. 

Which brings me to this week’s edition of Monday Munchies and yet another Target exclusive flavor of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream; Brownie Chew Gooder. 


(Remember what I said last week about the punny names?)

According to the lid, Brownie Chew Gooder consists of vanilla caramel ice cream, with fudge brownie pieces and a caramel swirl. 

Now at this point because of my ravenous sampling of anything labeled “salted caramel” I’ve almost exhausted tolerance for caramel.  But in fairness I’ve never really been the biggest fan of caramel in the world to begin with.  It probably goes back to caramel apples being messy and more trouble than they’re worth. 

I’ve documented my love for brownies in the past.  I will say that the concept of vanilla caramel ice cream sounded interesting. 

Maybe it’s because I had a mild craving for brownies, but Brownie Chew Gooder completely hit the spot.  Brownie Chew Gooder is yet another flavor from Ben & Jerry’s that achieves balance. 

The ice cream and the brownie pieces balance each other out in terms of flavors.  It’s like yin and yang, only on your tongue.  And the caramel swirl slips right in with a hint of sweetness.  Brownie Chew Gooder is a flavor that had me hungering for more. 

My only complaint, and it’s a minor one, is that the caramel in the vanilla caramel ice cream is very subtle.  Almost too subtle. 

But yeah, this flavor is a keeper.  It’s certainly worth tracking down at your local Target.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...