Friday, March 7, 2014

Ben & Jerry’s Week – Rockin’ Blondies

I don’t care for exclusives.  I don’t like when albums have exclusive songs for different retailers.  I don’t like when comic books have exclusive covers for certain shops.  And I don’t like when ice cream brands have exclusive flavors for different stores. 

I totally get it from a business standpoint; you give retailers an exclusive flavor and they in turn give you prime real estate in the store.  It’s part of the business of snacking.  But I don’t care for it. 

Which brings us to the Target Exclusive Ben & Jerry’s Flavor Rockin’ Blondies. 

Y’see, this is a flavor that’s been out for months, but I just had my first taste of it this week, because I didn’t even know that it existed.  As someone who lives in The Bronx, Target isn’t really some place that I travel to on a regular basis.  Also, it’s really hard to justify going out of my way just for a pint of ice cream. 

Fortunately I just happened to spending a couple weeks with family in Maryland, which meant I made a trip to Target where I found Rockin’ Blondies. 

I cannot stress enough how much I love brownies.  They are easily one of my top three favorite baked goods.  I can literally eat brownies until I make myself sick.  (I’ve got very little control when it comes to brownies) And my favorite kind of brownies are blondies. 

That’s why Hannah Teter’s Maple Blondie is one of my all time favorite Ben & Jerry’s Flavor.  So you can imagine my excitement when I actually laid eyes on Rockin’ Blondies. 

Can I just explain to you what’s actually in Rockin’ Blondies?  It’s Buttery (one of my favorite adjectives) Brown Sugar (my favorite kind of sugar) Ice Cream with Blonde Brownies (I’ve already professed my love for Blondies) and Butterscotch (one of my favorite flavors) Toffee (my favorite kind of sweets) Flakes. 

Basically, Rockin’ Blondies is an ice cream that seems to be designed just for my pleasure.  Is it any good? 

Um, yeah; it’s amazing.  It’s become my new favorite flavor.  I’m usually a guy who eats half of the pint in one sitting.  But with Rockin’ Blondies, I was completely ready to go back for more.  It’s not a flavor that sits heavy, it’s actually pretty light. 

I love Rockin’ Blondies.  I’m trying to figure out how I can transport a serious quantity back to The Bronx with me.   My only complaint, and it’s a minor one, is that I wish there were more blondie pieces.  But can you really every have enough blondie pieces? 

If you haven’t already, do yourself a favor and pick up Ben & Jerry’s Rockin’ Blondies from your nearest Target.  I believe you’ll be happy that you did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...