Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barack Star

All this Obama excitement is awesome, I think it's great and a few things crossed my mind as I watched the inauguration on TV:

1. That is a lot of damn people out there, I'm really glad I didn't go. Also a sandwich or something would be great right now, I should have gone to one of the inauguration parties I got invited to.

2. I wonder if Obama is happy and excited or stressed out of his mind right now. He's gotta be stressed. I bet he's ready to vomit right now.

3. That car Obama's in is crazy.

4. The fuck is Michelle Obama wearing? I bet her friend made it and all the 40-50 something black female go-getter's are going to want to wear this type of get up now.
5.This prayer seems really kinda heavy handed. I bet anyone who isn't a christian probably feels really uncomfortable right now, I thought there was a separation of church and state in this country, oh wait.
6. Wow, Aretha Franklin sounds like shit. How old is she now? That was brutal.
7. It would be cool if as part of the ceremony Obama got to grab bush by his collar and literally boot him off stage or something like that.
8. All it would take was like, 1 firecracker or bottle rocket to fuck all that shit up. I'm glad, yet surprised that no one tried something stupid like that. I'm either way to cynical about people or there are far fewer assholes in this world than I thought there were. I have to completely re-examine what I believed the cool person to asshole ratio to be.
9. The amount of pressure on this dude is almost disturbing, I can see why people who didn't support Obama get so angry about him. A lot of these Obama supporters are pretty rabid. He's just a human being at the end of the day, people look like they think he's going to flip a switch and fix the worlds problems. This is why so many people resent him. The other day on a conservative radio station a bunch of people where bitching about how Obama's just a rock star celebrity who hasn't done anything yet. I bet they're furious right now, if they're even watching this. Yeah they're watching this.

10. It is exciting though.
11. Personally I don't care what he ends up doing, as long as he doesn't suck, I never expected anything from this dude politically, half the time he was running I didn't even know what his policies were, I just wanted him to win because he's black, so I can tell my kids and cousin and sister that they can be anything they want to be and not feel like I was lying.
12. This is awesome. At the end of the day, the Obamas are just two regular people who had a dream.

13. Actually, I'm not even sure if I believe that, the secret society that runs the world probably made him in a lab years ago. 14. No, that's absurd.

15. Where the hell is the after party, where are all those people going after this? Traffic is gonna be stupid.

16. I shoulda went.

17.Wow he really bobbled that swear in, I knew it, he is human!

18. Not for nothing, this speech is a little bit boring. I guess he used all the good ones to get hired. Elected whatever.
19.Wow, he's left handed, that settles it, I've always said that lefties are special people, every lefty I know is a artist of some kind or something interesting.
20. Wow, I can't believe I'm living through history. I'm probably gonna tell my great grand kids that I actually went though. 21. I'm about to smash this turkey burger and take a nap.

3 comments:

  1. I was REALLY hoping someone would live blog the inaugaration!!!!!
    those last 4 exclamation marks were real extra.

    1. You were better off staying home. There's nothing worse than being in the middle of a crowd where ANYTHING could pop off.

    2. I'm not sure what Obama's mental state is, but I'm pretty sure he's nauseous.

    3. missed the car.

    4. I saw Michelle's dress in Shingar last week and I'm pretty sure something similar can be found at Burlington Coat Factory. while I am disappointed, I'm not surprised.

    5. the money still says In God We Trust...or at least it did the last time my broke ass had a dollar.

    6. that hat Aretha wore looked like the finishing touches on the Christmas gift you're not really sure u wanna open. it took me awhile to figure out what the hell she was singing...and I'm still not sure.

    7. I saw some cool cartoon t-shirts of Obama kicking bush out. that would've been hilarious.

    8. I'm sure there were some assholes out there, but u really don't wanna mess around when there are snipers sitting on top of buildings waiting for u to act up

    9. yep...people totally treat him like a God. it's a mixture of him achieving the unthinkable AND bush finally leaving. we'd be happy with ANY replacement at this point. him making history is a major plus though. it's funny, the most highly favored president knows slang.

    10. exciting indeed.

    11. whoa that was very after school special, but I agree.

    12. yep...2 regular people who WILL eat collard greens and catfish in the white house.


    13. that would make for a hot movie!

    14. is it really that absurd?

    15. my after party will consist of finishing off this thunderbird while doing laundry and watching reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond because new President or not, we have to work in the morning.

    16. no, you shoulda kept your ass home because later on tonight, those ppl will be sitting in traffic. u watched it on tv so just lie and say u went.

    17. it wasn't his fault. it was the other dudes fault for trying to rush. if Obama ever feels bad about it, he can just do a youtube search for all of Bush's speech fumbles.

    18. I kinda liked this speech...mostly because of how he began saying "thanks Bush and now we need to fix this, this, and that"
    he didn't say banana though...

    19. are you left handed? makes sense.

    20. I'm gonna tell my great grand kids about aretha franklin's hat

    21. mmmmmm burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you replied to every thought, you're a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I just ended up here 'cause i wanted to know if he who writes fish-and-spaghetti really made off with the Biggie belt. I read this post and laughed out loud. Twice. And I'm thinking, do I know this kid? After my internship... Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...