Sunday, May 10, 2009

Can't Knock The Hustle...

Her name is Angie. I met her on Saturday.

As I drove past the U-Haul truck on Northern Parkway, about 3 blocks from York Road, I didn't know what to think.



Actually, I was pretty sure that there was nothing to bother "thinking" about.

"That's a big U-Haul, someone must be moving or something..." I thought. Then I peeped the balloons and the Teddy Bears and the flowers and I realized that on the bright, blazing, Saturday afternoon before Mothers Day, someone decided to set up a road side store.

Genius.


I went over to speak to the people of the mobile store. They looked like they were all old friends or family and they all seemed really proud and excited to be doing it. They took orders, showed merchandise and filled balloons like a well oiled machine. I asked who was in charge and they pointed to Angie, a pretty, brown skinned woman, maybe early to mid 30's.

I spoke to her and found out that when she's not hustling Mothers Day tchochkies she's available and able to help you create a custom gift basket for a loved one.

"I've been doing this for 5 years, I'm out here for Mothers Day, Valentines Day, and a lot of other holidays. It's going really well right now, the only thing is trying to lower the overhead, other than that it's going real well. You gotta call me to know where I'm gonna be at though."

I asked her to describe her business and a friend of hers chimed in: "We're a one stop gift shop for your innocent and erotic needs."

She laughed and added, "You need it? I got it."

If you're interested in a custom made (and or an "Adult" novelty) gift basket or if you holla at Angie Stokes and her company "Surprise Me Gifts" at 443-742-4872 or 410-500-1997.

Shout out to all the other Moms out there, grinding it out.

2 comments:

  1. THAT'S SO AWESOME! I totally want a an adult novelty gift basket for my next birthday, Christmas, or just because it's Wednesday present.

    would've been a cool gift for my mom. actually, her bday is next month...hmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL--- i think I rode by that little Uhaul.. Hallmark...department store shop. I need to get me a damn hustle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...