Tuesday, June 23, 2009

TV Gods, I Beseech Thee!



I really don't understand how the universe works. I mean, I try to do good as best I can. I try to do my part for the Earth by recycling. I tolerate indignities on a near daily basis without responding in kind. I even do my best to treat people with the degree of respect that feel I'm entitled to. I think I'm a pretty decent human being.

This is why I can't fathom why both Parker Lewis Can't Lose and The State are being released on dvd within the next 30 days. I don't get what I've done to offend the TV gods.




On the real, I've been waiting for Parker Lewis to be released for a minute.



Y'see, back in the early 90's when Parker Lewis was originally being aired I didn't really get a chance to watch it. Parker Lewis was on Fox and back home it aired opposite 60 Minutes, which is my mom's Sunday night show. Like, she never misses that show. Thus, I only really got a chance to peep the show when I was away from home.

But when I did manage to catch an ep or two I was smitten. The comedy wavered between broad and clever, and the fourth wall was broken. Basically the show was right up my alley with its comedic sensibilities. And the first season is just days away from being within my grasp.

As far as The State goes, I really never thought I'd see this show on dvd ever.



I'd heard about the music licensing issues being the hold up, so I'd given up on it being released. Sure I'd seen that it was on iTunes, but the reviews seemed unflattering.

But when it was on MTV it was glorious. It was back when MTV was just trying out programming that wasn't centered on videos, so they trying to see what stuck. It was like Human Giant, only 15 years ago.



And it's going to be on dvd on 7/14.

So that's it, two shows that I enjoyed in the 90's are being released on dvd. I should be slayed. I should be pumped and overjoyed. But I'm not, in fact I'm frustrated and the impending releases sort of depress me.

The thing is that I've got like no discretionary income.



I'm working between three and four days a week, I'm making just enough money to survive, but not really live. At this point I'm on the verge of planning a heist of some sort.



Y'know what, I'm not going to sweat it. I'm sure that everything will work out. Worst case scenario I'll invest in a ski mask and a weapon of some sort. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

2 comments:

  1. how heartbreaking. my pimp is always looking for new clients...do you manscape? it doesn't matter. everyone has a fetish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why not just get a job at best buy?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...