Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wild Pitch Wednesday – The Scoop



Things at Stately Fish & Spaghetti Manor can get hectic. Pitches at thrown around with reckless abandon at such speeds that it's amazing no one's lost an eye yet. Seriously, it's a flurry of ideas.

Which leads us to our latest Wild Pitch. It's actually one that never made it too far. In fact it was decidedly vetoed by Jay1 who felt that Chet's rendition of "Crack a Bottle" was a better idea. And we all know how that turned out.

But let's not dwell on The Debacle, let's get to my idea.




I love ice cream. It's a decent percentage of my diet. I love ice cream on a stick. I love shakes. I love malts. I love sundaes. I'm a fan of the delicacy. I've got nine pints of ice cream sitting in the freezer tonight and I'm actually eating ice cream right now.

So I wanted to do a regular feature, called The Scoop, where I reviewed flavors of ice cream. I mean I'm a guy who tries out every new flavor of Haagen Dazs and Ben & Jerry's when it comes out, who better to provide some sort of commentary about it?



The Scoop would provide flavor notes and cover the consistency of the ice cream itself. For instance which Haagen Dazs line has the better flavors; Five or Premium? Can Ben and Jerry create an ice cream with too many textures?

There's a ton of flavors out there you can't try them all, but since I do I might as well share my thoughts on them.

Like I said, I put it out there and it was summarily rejected. But perhaps, with enough of your support The Scoop can be resurrected.

2 comments:

  1. ICE CREAM REVIEWS FTW! This is such a great idea. I love ice cream too. I just tried Starbucks' Caramel Macchiato ice cream a few days ago and it was, quite possibly, the best thing that's ever happened to me in my entire life. Either I have a fucked up life or that ice cream is damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And clearly Jay1 was right to veto this idea as it's received barely any support.

    I guess that's why he's got the corner office and I'm stuck in a roided out broom closet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...