Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mea Culpa


Look, in this weird sort of virtual relationship between blogger and follower, I’ve been a huge disappointment. I’ve the equivalent of the guy who sweeps you off of your feet with romantic gestures while we’re courting only to turn into a slovenly lout once it’s official.

I’m horrible and I’m begging for forgiveness.

I’m just asking for one more chance.



Allow me to provide some explanation; things at work got heavy. I’ll put it in context; I can’t recall the last time I didn’t spend 45 hours at work. That put a crimp in my writing time, motivation for writing and free time in general.

And I’m not complaining. There are plenty of people who are struggling right now and I just happened to be fortunate enough to have a gig that kept me too busy to blog.

However I do feel bad for letting down all of our followers. You guys grew accustomed to the mediocre quality product that Fish & Spaghetti Industries produced on a semi regular basis and all of a sudden everything came to a halt.

Well, I’m making a pledge right here and now.



I swear to you that I’ll post something on a weekly basis, at the very least. And I’ll keep it up until I find out exactly where things are headed with her.

Wait, did I not mention the young woman I recently befriended?

See, I kinda sorta told her that I was a “writer” before I realized how audacious that claim really was. I mean, I hadn’t really “written” anything in months but here I was bragging about having a “blog” that had been nominated for an “award.” So I decided that I’d dust off the ol’ blog in an effort to buttress my claim.

Now wait a minute, don’t go judging me. I mean c’mon, I bet 90% of our followers are female, so I don’t really see the harm in using the blog to aid in my quest for companionship. Y’all dig a guy who can write, you can’t fault me for trying to capitalize on that.


Sure, you might have the right to feel a bit used right now, but in fairness, it’s not like you’re paying for the content. Let’s be real; you barely comment.

So let’s just consider this a quid pro quo type situation; I post more frequently in an attempt to bolster a wildly inappropriate declaration and you get something fresh to read. Seems like a win/win to me.

Man, I really hope I still have Chet’s number because this thing could use some images.

How's this for an image?
-Chet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...