Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Munchies - Häagen-Dazs Limited Edition Sweet Chai Latte



I am not a fan of tea.  It goes back to my childhood and my deadly serious asthma attacks. Ma Serpico would try a home remedy recommended by my babysitter.

It was a pungent tea that was brewed.  I distinctly recall seeing a strainer being used and it's horrible taste.  As a kid it felt like the remedy was worse than the ailment.

As a result I swore off of tea.  I don't drink ice tea.  I don't drink sweet tea.  In fact the I'm pretty sure the only time I ever drink tea is when a) I'm sick or b) last year when I lost my voice at The xx concert.

Still, I've often had people recommend that I try out Chai Tea.  And that's why when I saw Häagen-Dazs' new limited edition flavor was Sweet Chai Latte, I was full of trepidation.





According to Häagen-Dazs the flavor was "inspired by the distinctive taste of India."  They blend chai tea with "rich creamy ice cream."  They also say that the prominent flavors are "cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and anise."

So, does is work?

Hells yes!

I love this ice cream!  I never really considered myself an admirer of spice and I'd have never thought that a "spicy" ice cream would be an enjoyable experience, but I was wrong on both counts.

Sweet Chai Latte is so flavorful and smooth that I wouldn't mind having it as a milkshake.  I would let this flavor melt and drink it, it's that good.  The flavors mix perfectly with the ice cream to create a sensation that truly a joy.

The spicy flavors aren't overwhelming or overpowering, it's actually perfectly balanced.  It's not terribly spicy and its' not a taste that lingers in a bad way.  It's just so warm and pleasant.  There's something about the flavor that conjures up feelings of maturity for some reason.  I really can't quantify it properly.

I can't say enough good things about this flavor.

Sweet Chai Latte is the perfect flavor for when you just want a relaxing bowl of ice cream.  Or if you want to share ice cream with someone special.

It may not be a fancy flavor or a flashy flavor, but Sweet Chai Latte is certainly a flavor that everyone ought to try at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...