Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crack is wack


Humans are inherently flawed. We all have our shortcomings and demons. In that respect Whitney Houston was no different then any of us. Despite being an immensely talented international superstar and selling over 100 million records, she couldn't shake her addictions...




There has been no official report of her cause of death, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say she was high as a kite. Reports from the Beverly Hilton Hotel say she was doing handstands, in mismatched clothes while sweating profusely. Sounds like junkie shit to me.


When the reports started coming through on twitter and other outlets (ha ha twitter is a news source wow) I wasn't surprised. It was only a matter of time before the bill had to be paid on her drug habit. She had also been seen partying with Ray J again,


which is a sure sign you're off the rails. I'm not trying to make light of her death, it's certainly heart breaking. I mean, fucking Whitney Houston is dead at 48 years of age. I doubt if her career and accomplishments resonated with kids these days, since Pop radio doesn't really have a place for Adult Contemporary music anymore. I can't say I was a fan, but I always respected her talent. I also liked how she never really played herself professionally like a lot of older performers do. You were never going to hear a Whitney Houston song with verses from Wacka and Gucci.


Her tragic end can best be described as a teachable moment. No matter how rich, famous, talented or influential you are, it's pretty damn hard to stop getting high. So don't start.


"Dope never helped anybody..." Billie Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...