Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sam Hath No Fury...

So Samuel L. Jackson says that he may not be back as Nick Fury in Iron Man 2 or The Avengers because negotiations with Marvel have broken down.
Jackson has also recently been quoted in several news sources as saying that "Maybe somebody else will be Nick Fury or maybe Nick Fury won't be in it. There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so [they're saying to me], 'We're not making that deal.'"

I don't know how I feel about this news, part of me feels that it kinda sucks because I was looking forward to seeing Jackson in both of those movies, but I'm also aware that they can easily replace him with any shaven head black dude with an eye patch, but why would they go through all the hassle of doing that when they clearly based the character on Samuel L. Jackson in the first place? I mean look at the picture, they went out of thier way to base the character on him!


Actually, wait, that Nick Fury is from The Ultimate continuity, and according to the current Iron Man and Hulk Movies the Avengers movie will fall into a Earth-616 continuity, and if that's the case they shouldn't be using Sam Jackson at all and Nick Fury should look like this:

But then that just reminds me of that awful Nick Fury Movie starring this guy:

And that was just brutal.

So at the end of the day, while I think it would be cool to keep Jackson, it really doesn't matter because between Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor (and speaking of Thor, I can't even imagine how convoluted Thor is gonna be if they put him in the movie at all), Nick Fury (Sam Jackson or otherwise) will probably barely be in the movie enough to matter.

So whatever.

2 comments:

  1. I love Sam L., but he is the biggest movie ho. He'll go from being the lead in a movie to being a crackhead to being an extra. Maybe that's why I love him.
    My favorite was Gator from Jungle Fever.

    "Welcome to the Taj Mahal, 8th wonder of the world."

    ReplyDelete
  2. he actually singed back on, like a 5-6 movie deal, as in jus appearances i would assume.

    totally off topic. but, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. . .im sure you heard about the leaked version, i got it! that movie is going to own Jay, a must see.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...