Monday, May 4, 2009

Eminem: "3 a.m."





This video is really well done, the song is wack though. I don't know what the deal is with Eminem's voice on here but it's annoying as hell and the general tone of this song is making me really nostalgic for Gravediggaz.



I was a fan of Eminem at one point but I think he's way past his prime. I've heard and read on the internet about how excited people are to have him back and how he's going to "save" Hip Hop but I have no interest in hearing any more of his new music.

If put out an album that was nothing but him, freestyling over a bunch of popular beats, I might be into something like that, but as far as a studio album, I am not impressed by anything I've heard so far.

"We Made You", his first single off his new album "Relapse" where he's making fun of Jessica Simpson (and other outdated, irrelevant pop culture refrences) is proof that the rumors that he hasn't left his home in months may be true, then there's "Crack A Bottle", the song where he goes "so where's the rubbers? Who's got the rubbers?" is one of the corniest things I've ever heard in my life. Honestly "Who's got the rubbers?"

And this new joint, "3am" is a great attempt at something but it's just doing nothing for me.

I'm sure it will go platinum the first week of it's release though in spite of those 3 shitty songs, so what do I know? At least he's trying to be interesting and original.

I almost don't even care about music anymore.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the voice thing, and everyone I've read hates it too, with that Triumph the Insult Comic Dog accent. I have no idea what that's about and why somebody around him hasn't told him to stop.

    What's frustrating is that his lyricism and his flow are sicker than ever, but the content he's rapping on is a waste of his talent. I won't judge it till I hear the entire album. The problem is that when you're a legend like him (highest selling rapper alive) and you're away for so long, you build up almost impossible expectations and nobody is fully satisfied with anything you put out. But no matter what you think of him, you have to admit that it's nice to hear something other than rims, bling, champagne, and "gettin money."

    I don't like Slim Shady (which is what this high nasally voice is all about) and I never have - I want EMINEM back, i.e. "Lose Yourself," "No Apologies," "Renegade," "Patiently Waiting," "Nail in the Coffin," etc. --> THAT rapper is the greatest of all time as far as I'm concerned.

    I wouldn't call "Crack a Bottle" or "3 AM" 'shitty' songs. Keep in mind that that "Crack" was leaked in November and never intended to be a single. He's said before that Interscope forces him to put out songs like "We Made You" because it's his formula for success, and he hates it.

    I wouldn't expect 'Relapse' to go platinum in the first week because of the economy and also the fact that he has (or will have had) released five singles and more have been leaked. 700,000 is still a beast of a first week. In a year it'll be 5x platinum though I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...