Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monday Munchies - Little Pepi's Pizzelle


Here's a dirty little secret; I don't know how to shop.

It's true, ask Jay1. I shop like I'm high.  I only buy things that will taste good once I cross the threshold into my swinging bachelor pad.  Needs to be prepared? There's no room in my basket for you and your ilk. Healthy or nutritional? No sir, I don't like it.

And it's because of my pothead shopping habits that I discovered Little Pepi's Pizzelle.





Y'see I was at Safeway getting some foodstuffs like Thomas' Honey Wheat English Muffins for my veggie burger (I'll share my recipe in the forthcoming "Microwave Chef Masters" column) when I saw a box that loudly proclaimed "waffle" and "cookies."

Now I love waffles.  Young Skip used to bounce for joy when his mom made waffles with her old school waffle iron and it's Cornballer-level of dangerousness.  And hailing from Tucson, I've actually a meet up with a female at a Waffle House.

And who doesn't love cookies?

I saw those two together and I knew that the package would make it's way into my basket.  The two varieties that I saw were Lemon and Chocolate.  I left Safeway a happy man, eager to begin snacking.

And initially they were good.  They not the sweetest of cookies, which is good because I'm not always in the mood for sweetness.  They're very light and don't create too many crumbs.  They do however tend to break into pieces in the package and since they're stacked on top of each other it can end up a chain reaction.

But Little Pepi's Pizzelle transcended from "good" to "great" once I realized they could be eaten with...ice cream.  Sometimes I don't devour my ice cream immediately and allow it to get soft.  The pizzelle are excellent for dipping.

The nooks, those trademarks of the waffle, are perfect for catching the ice cream giving every bite the best of both worlds; crunchy and ice cream.

I've since gone back to the store and picked up the original Anise flavor which are tied with Chocolate as my faces.  Lemon just doesn't go with ice cream.

So basically, if you're a fan of ice cream, waffles or cookies you need to incorporate Little Pepi's Pizzelle into your snacking life somehow.

And if you're not a fan of those three things, well then, your life must be miserable and you might as well kill yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Pizzelles are a traditional Italian cookie, my grandma used to make them buy the uber dozens. They arent very sweet,and most store bought ones I have tried lack the almond flavor I grew up on....but.....a good spoonful of powdered sugar and it seals the deal.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...