Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday Munchies - Häagen-Dazs Limited Edition Cranberry Pumpkin Spice


It's pretty well established that I love ice cream.  Not only do I keep my freezer stocked, Louis C.K. style, but I also frequently write about ice cream for the blog.  Plus there are easily half a dozen different flavors I've tired that weren't quite blog material.

So it should surprise no one that when I saw Häagen-Dazs' fancy purple lid advertising Cranberry Pumpkin Spice, I quickly grabbed up two pints.



Ok, 28 FL OZ, because Häagen-Dazs doesn't do pints anymore.

Would a Thanksgiving themed flavor work in the lull between X-mas and the New Year?


I'll admit to being especially curious about Cranberry Pumpkin Spice as a flavor.  Generally I'm not really much on Thanksgiving. To me it's just another day off.  Until this year I hadn't had a "traditional" Thanksgiving in close to a decade.  It's just not my thing.

But I had one this year and it was awesome!  Even the stuff I was leery about, like the cranberry sauce, was banging.  Which brings us back to ice cream.

Even though I saw this flavor on last Wednesday, I was still basking in the glow of the glorious Thanksgiving I'd experienced, so I was extremely eager to try the flavor out.

According to the package it's "pumpkin ice cream balanced with swirls of tart cranberry filling, then lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg."  But to me it tasted like heaven.

Cranberry Pumpkin Spice is easily one of the best flavors of ice cream I've ever tasted.  It's so perfectly balanced that you could easily get carried away and eat an entire pint. I mean "an entire 14 FL OZ container."

Perhaps one of the reasons I enjoy it so much is because it's not a sweet ice cream.  The pumpkin flavor is quite mellow and burst of cranberry really compliments the smoothness of the whole affair.  The hint of cinnamon and nutmeg bring a warmth that most ice cream flavors lack.  And this paragraph describe every bite, it's that consistent.    

I know it sounds weird, but Cranberry Pumpkin Spice would be the perfect ice cream to enjoy on a cold night while sitting by a glowing fireplace and reading a book.  Cranberry Pumpkin Spice is like my favorite sweatshirt; it's comforting, familiar and I'll be devastated when I can't find it.

It's a Limited Edition, so believe me when I say that I'll be keeping four containers in my freezer at all times.

I highly urge you to go out, find Häagen-Dazs' Cranberry Pumpkin Spice and experience what perfect tastes like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...