Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Munchies – Popcorn, Indiana Chocolate Peanut Butter Kettlecorn


One of the aspects of moving to New York that I was looking forward to the most as the opportunity to get to try Popcorn, Indiana’s Wasabi Popcorn.  I’ve grown to appreciate wasabi over the years and I’ve always been a fan of popcorn. It seemed like a match made in heaven.

I could never find it in Charm City, so imagine my disappointment when I couldn’t find it in the Big Apple either. Seriously, I’ve been here for almost four months and strike out at every corner. 

But I did stumble across Popcorn, Indiana’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Kettlecorn, so I figured I’d give it a shot. 



Much like other Popcorn, Indiana products, this one has tons of adjectives. 

While I’m a fan of kettlecorn, I’m hardly the biggest chocolate fan in the world, so in that regard it’s a wash.  That leaves peanut butter to break the tie.  But that’s the kicker, when it comes to peanut butter I’m torn. 

I have fond memories of peanut butter with apples and on celery from my childhood.  But I’ve also got memories of horrible packed lunches for school (packed by myself I might add) where the centerpiece was a peanut butter and jelly (or honey) sandwich. 

Those were dark days. 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Kettlecorn is surprisingly good.  While I’m familiar with the Reece’s brand, I was surprised at how well the chocolate and peanut butter worked with the kettlecorn.  Everything gets it’s own opportunity to shine. 

Again, obviously the sweetness of the chocolate works with the savory nature of the peanut butter, but they both really compliment the saltiness of the kettlecorn. First you get the chocolaty sweetness, then the salty kettlecorn and finally a peanut butter finish.  It’d almost addictive. 

This is one of those snacks that make you glad you tried something new.  I could totally see this becoming part of my snack repertoire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...