Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ben & Jerry’s Week – Peanut Butter Fudge


I’ve decided devote this week to new Ben & Jerry’s flavors.  I did this for a couple reasons.  Firstly, there are five new flavors sitting in the freezer (four “Core” flavors and one exclusive). 

Secondly, I totally flaked on Music Week last month, but I did have a week devoted Amazon’s new pilots.  So I figured that I’ll try to have a different “week” every month, at least for as long as I can do it. 

But back on topic; today we look at Ben & Jerry’s Peanut Butter Fudge. 


For those not in the know Ben & Jerry’s new ice creams have a “Core” theme; they all feature at core running down the center of the pint.  It’s a gimmick, but it’s an interesting gimmick. 

Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Fudge Core features two ice creams, chocolate and peanut butter, split, with a peanut butter fudge core and mini peanut butter cups.  It seems like a lot going on.  Also, I’m not the biggest fan of chocolate or peanut butter. 

Don’t get me wrong, I can occasionally go in for a Butterfinger and have been known to crave some Reece’s Pieces.  But I do not regularly partake in chocolate and peanut butter snacks or treats. 

That said, Peanut Butter Fudge is a pretty decent flavor.  Whereas sometimes chocolate ice cream can be a flavors downfall, with Peanut Butter Fudge it works really well.  The peanut butter ice cream blends and balances well with the chocolate ice cream.  Surprisingly well. 

The Peanut Butter Fudge is actually very good.  I never considered myself a fan of fudge, but the fudge has been the highlights of the two Core flavors that it’s featured in.  The mini peanut butter cups are plentiful enough that you’re guaranteed at least one in every bite. 


If you’re a Reece’s fanatic, Peanut Butter Fudge is definitely a flavor that you should seek out.  It’s rich enough without being overwhelming and quite well balanced.  Like I said, chocolate and peanut butter isn’t really my thing, but I can’t deny this flavor has its charms.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...