Friday, October 10, 2014

My Fall TV Schedule - Fridays

Fridays are a dead zone when it comes to TV.  Gone are the days of TGIF or even Fox’s genre nights, anchored by The X-Files.  Now, more often than not, shows are sent to Friday to die. 

Oh, how the television landscape has changed. 

So, what am I watching on Friday nights? 

Constantine – I feel like I’m already pretty strongly on record as having stated my commitment to television shows based on comic books.  Well this follows along the same lines. 

Granted, I’m actually a fan of Hellblazer, the comic that Constantine is based on.  While he’s not a perennial favorite like The Flash, he is a character I’ve got a past with, so I’ll usually try him out.  It’s why I tried out the Constantine movie, which was really only 33% bad. 

I’m looking forward to seeing how NBC adapts the character, know for being aimed at more mature audiences.  I feel like there’s a way to tone the character down, without neutering him and allowing him to keep a bit of the edge that he’s known for.  Hopefully, the producers can pull it off. 


But that’s it.  That’s the only show that I’m watching on the last day of the week.  That’s it.  It’s a wrap. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...