Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Fall TV Schedule - Tuesdays

No one really has an opinion about Tuesday.  Everyone hates Monday and loves Friday.  Wednesday is Hump Day and Thursday is known for great television.  But Tuesday?  No one has anything to say about Tuesday. 

I can’t say that I disagree with the lack of identity for Tuesday.  I feel pretty “eh’ about it too.  I also feel that way about the television shows it offers. 

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - This is a show that I started watching last year based on peer pressure.  It was a tv show based on a comic book, which meant I had to at least give it a shot.  I watched the majority of the episodes, usually begrudgingly. 

Jay1 said that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was like the Batman tv show for this generation; a campy superhero show.  I would describe it as a modern X-Files with twice the special effects budget, half the charm and a third of the wit. 

I heard people say that Captain America: The Winter Soldier made Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. great.  In reality the film just gave the show stakes and sort of a reason to exist.  I don’t even really know why I’m watching the show other than devotion to shows based on comic books.  Though I will say that it’s pretty fun to live-tweet episodes. 

The Flash – I dig The Flash.  He’s one of my favorite comic book characters, ever.  I’ve been a fan since I was a kid.  So to say that I’m mildly excited about seeing The Flash on a weekly basis, would be putting it lightly. 

And yet, I feel a certain degree of trepidation about this show.  I remember the last time The Flash had a primetime tv show. And while I could have purchased it, I haven’t because frankly I’m not all that sure it’s aged well. 

I’m also worried about the corniness of The CW.  The last time I watched a show on that network was Smallville, which was a guilty pleasure.  I just don’t know if they’ve got the budget to do The Flash justice.  I dig The Flash and I feel the show deserves to be more than just a guilty pleasure.

But I'm really afraid that everything I dislike about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will also be true of The Flash.   


Those are the shows that I’m planning on watching on Tuesdays this fall.  And honestly I’m kind of ashamed to say that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...