Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Fall TV Schedule - Wednesdays

I like Wednesday.  Wednesday is when comic books are released.  Wednesday is right in the middle of week, which is pretty awesome positioning. 

But Wednesdays in terms of television, is pretty weak.  I think the only show that I regularly watch on Wednesday night is The Bridge, but not only is that a summer show, but it just wrapped it’s second season. 

Can any show fill that void?

Black-ish – I’ll be honest, I’m only watching this show because it’s from Black creators and features a Black cast.  I want to support this show and I want to see it succeed. 

That said, I’m not really that into sitcoms, especially of the network variety.  I sort of gave up on them around the time that 30 Rock wrapped.  They don’t really break any new ground and most of them are painfully predictable. 

Hopefully Black-ish won’t be terribly predictable and given that it’s a show about a Black family, it’s breaking relative new ground.  We’ll see how it works out, but I’m pulling for it. 


And that’s it.  My Wednesday nights are a desolate wasteland, with only a half hour blocked out for viewing.  Spooky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...