Thursday, June 23, 2011

Revisiting Resolutions



So, roughly half a year ago, I shared with y'all what my resolutions for the new year were.  I mean, I feel that we've got a pretty tight bond, so I'm comfortable opening up with you.

And that's why I've decided to revisit my resolutions; so that we can all the progress I've made in becoming a better person.

Ugh; I'm totally not ready for this degree of self-examination.




Write More - Hmmm, is this a "yes" or a "no."  The blog has been more productive than ever before, so in that regard I have been writing more.

But on another front I've not been productive at all, because I haven't writing a single bloody thing that I could sell.  I've not written a screenplay or even a treatment, much less tried to do any freelancing.

Get a TV - This one I totally hit out of the park.  I do indeed have a television.

It's pretty awesome.  It's a floor model with a tube and a really sweet antenna.  Plus it gets both VHF and UHF channels, so I'm sitting rather pretty.

I mean it was a beast getting it up to the penthouse, but it's totally worth it.

Impregnate a Chick - Yeah, this hasn't happened.  Yet!

Get My Tattoo Finished - Again, this hasn't happened.  Mostly it's because I haven't had the disposable income I once had.  But it's also because I'm really not in the mood to stuff through hours of agony.

Hey wait, that's is applicable for the "Impregnate a Chick" resolution too.

Get the F&S Podcast Started - Despite the lack of any actual results, we have actually made some progress on this.

We've sat down and hashed things out a bit.  We know that we don't want it to be just us talking (though I guarantee that a podcast which consisted of us just talking would kill.)  We basically outlined some of stuff that we want to try.  Now it's just a matter of us sitting down and getting it done.  

Finish Visiting My Time Machine - Huge setback on this one.  Apparently there's some sort of watchdog group that watches over the entire time stream and makes sure that there's no "unauthorized" traveling in time.

It's some total B.S. First off, when would one obtain "authorization?" I mean, you tell me where to file the paperwork and it's filed.  Secondly, who they hell do they think they are to try to legislate the time stream and time travel?  I mean it's not like I'm trying to go back in time and prevent Paris Hilton's rise to power, I'm just wanting to play the time tourist. I hate red tape.

Complete and utter malarkey.

Visit the Planet of the Apes - Yeah, this hasn't happened either.  But Rise of the Planet of the Apes is the next best thing.  That flick can't come soon enough for me.

Since I'm an optimist I'm saying that this list is over half done and there's still half a year left...in this year.   I'll be sure to keep you filled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...