Friday, June 10, 2011

The Vault - What I Want to See Live

(Welcome To The Vault, where we at F&S give you a glimpse at stuff that never made the cut for whatever reason. Maybe it was crap and we knew it. Maybe the timing felt off. Maybe Chet forgot to schedule it and by the time we noticed it was no longer relevant. Who knows. The point it you get a chance to see "what could have been."

Also we get content for the blog without having to make any effort.)




This post was written on 5/12/09, so do with it what you will


Seeing something live can be pretty inspiring. If something energetic or exciting that energy can be passed on to whoever's witnessing it. That's why I know that I've got to see the following live before all is said and done.


Radiohead – I've been a fan of Radiohead for years and they've always been on my "must see live" list. I've missed them a couple of times. I think they were going to play DC a few years back but something happened and the concert didn't happen. It's not like I had a ticket, but that's the closest I've gotten to see them.

I've made a promise to myself that the next chance I get to see them live, I've got to jump at it. I just really hope that they don't get up doing the Halftime Show at the Super Bowl, because that'll be an incredibly expensive promise.


West Side Story – My mom made me a fan of West Side Story. She loved the movie and as a result her enthusiasm for it was transferred to me. I can remember listening to the soundtrack, on record, when I was kid.

I've got the collectors edition DVD, I've seen it on the big screen (as part of a matinee catering to senior citizens) so really the only way I haven't seen it is performed live. I don't think of myself as a "Broadway show" type of dude, but I do really want to see this one.


Shakespeare – I have a degree in English and apparently Shakespeare is kind of a big deal. I had to take an entire class devoted to the guy. And while I managed to pass the class without reading one of his plays (I'm a decent note taker with above average retention skills) I do feel that I owe it to guy to at least check out one some of his work performed the way it's supposed to.

Now, clearly given my love for West Side Story, you'd think that Romeo and Juliet would be the one I'd gravitate toward, but it's not. I'm not messing with his tragedies and I find History boring so that rules out his histories. Thus, I'm left with his comedies. I'm really leaning toward The Comedy of Errors.


I'm sure at some other point I'll revisit things that I want to see live, but that's all that I can think of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...