Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Vault - What I Want to See Live

(Welcome To The Vault, where we at F&S give you a glimpse at stuff that never made the cut for whatever reason. Maybe it was crap and we knew it. Maybe the timing felt off. Maybe Chet forgot to schedule it and by the time we noticed it was no longer relevant. Who knows. The point it you get a chance to see "what could have been."

Also we get content for the blog without having to make any effort.)



This post was written on 5/12/09, do with it what you will

Seeing something live can be pretty inspiring. If something's ailing and it beats the odds to experience resurgence it can actually be life affirming. That's why I'm hoping beyond hope that these things live.



Life – I'm a big fan of the show. It's one of the few shows from the strike shortened season that I actually grew attached to. It had some of the sharpest writers on network televsion and a great cast of characters and actors. But it didn't have a very large audience.

And while the season finale effectively tied up things enough to be a series finale, I'm really hoping that it wasn't the very end. While it's audience isn't large, Life does a very vocal and loyal following. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that NBC decides to keep the show around for another season.


The CD – I've got a lot of CDs. It's my preferred way to experience music. Don't get me wrong; I dig mp3s, the iPod is an important part of my commuter lifestyle; but I love CDs.

Apparently the death knell for CDs has rung, and frankly I'm not ready for it to be over. I still buy them. I still look forward to Tuesdays (when I've got money) and I still read the liner notes. I'm not really a fan of the completely digital experience, because it's lacking the physical component. Here's to the CD lasting for many years to come.


Comic Books – I've been reading comics since I was a kid. They're just part of my being me. But comic books have been rising in price and the economy has hit them just like everyone else. Print is dying, even comic books.

Again, the industry seems to moving toward a digital model, but that's not going to work for me. I can't read digital comics on the toilet or loan them to Jay1 so they can collect dust in his crib. Given the success of the comic book movies I'm really hoping that the industry sees some growth so that it survives at least until I accidentally knock someone up and have kids of my own.

I'm sure at some other point I'll revisit things that I want to see live, but that's all that I can think of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...