Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Munchies - Food Should Taste Good (Chocolate)


I like to pretend to be an adventurous eater.  I was up on sushi before anyone else in my circle and I always jump at the chance to try something new.  Part of the fun is exposing someone else to your new discovery.

Whole Foods is generally a good place to find new stuff.  It's either going to be a unique flavor or something with odd ingredients.  Those hippies really think outside of the box.

Take the Food Should Taste Good brand.  It's got a long name, but a refreshing take on chips.  I decided to give their chocolate chips a shot.




I know what you're thinking; "chocolate chips?"  But they aren't the chocolate chips you find in cookies.  These chocolate chips are actually tortilla chips made with dutch cocoa, semi-sweet chocolate, vanilla and sea salt.

Sounds intriguing, no?

These are some tasty chips.  First off, I'm of the mind that you can't go wrong with tortilla chips.  There's no way to mess them up.  I was literally raised on tortilla chips.

When you bite into the chip the first thing you realize is that it is still a tortilla chip.  It's the usual texture and crunch.  But then the taste hits you.  The chocolate is subtle and not nearly what you're expecting.  Then you taste the sea salt which balances everything out nicely.  The cocoa and vanilla aren't terribly noticeable, but they do pop up from time to time.

As with any good snack chip, they are addictive.  It's easy to run through half a bag in one snack session.

The bag recommends trying the chips with banana slices and peanut butter, vanilla ice cream.  I wish I had the restraint to try them with those things, but I literally ran through the bag.

Additionally these chips are hit bingo with all of the hot button issues.  It's gluten free, all natural, kosher and has no trans fat.  Plus it's cholesterol free, a good source of fiver and low sodium.  It's got no MSG, artificial color, flavors or preservatives and it's not genetically modified.  It's practically a conscience free snack.

If you're feeling adventurous and you see a bag with an unwieldily name like Food Should Taste Good, give it a shot.  I know I'm glad that I tried them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...