Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Munchies - Popcorn, Indiana Dark Fudge Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn


Now that we are in the neither-region that exists between Thanksgiving and Christmas there are a myriad of new products hitting the shelves.  Some are seasonal like Haagen-Dazs Peppermint Bark ice cream.  Others are just trying to capitalize on the impulsive nature of people out shopping.

This week's Monday Munchie is the latter.  It's also one of the most adjective laden snacks I've ever purchased.  It's Dark Fudge Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn from Popcorn, Indiana.

Oh, admit it; you're curious.




I'm very familiar with the Popcorn, Indiana brand.  Back in Vegas the ol' roomie introduced me to their Kettlecorn when she found it at Whole Foods.  I was instantly hooked.

Since that time I've pretty much given any product of theirs a shot.  I've had the Aged White Cheddar Popcorn (barely adequate), Cinnamon Sugar Kettlecorn (pretty tasty) and Cocoa Kettle Kettlecorn (mouth orgasm inducing.)

Basically Popcorn, Indiana is a brand that I trust.

The only problem that I foresaw with the Dark Fudge Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn is that, I'm not really the biggest fan of chocolate.  And this seemed to have twice as much chocolate as I was accustomed to consuming on my kettle corn.

I braced myself as I opened the bag and I was pleasantly surprised.  First off, the fudge is literally drizzled on kettle corn.  The kernels aren't smothered, nor are they lacking.  The fudge is judiciously drizzled so that, while the taste of chocolate is prominent, you never forget that you're eating kettle corn.  It really makes for a rather balanced taste.

The chocolate chip aspect is the kettle corn is barely noticeable.  Firstly the chips are so small that you actually need to seek them out to see them.  Secondly they don't really add anything.  It is Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn, but it seems more like a tag the marketing department came up with or a challenge from product development.  

Again, I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but Popcorn, Indiana has a product that works.  I enjoy it.  The chocolate genuinely adds something to the flavor and texture and makes for a snack that is quite irresistible.    

Dark Fudge Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn is something that chocolate lovers will love, yet something that anyone can enjoy.  If you see it, you should give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...