Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Trailer Tuesday - Roadie, Shame and Hunger Games!



Welcome back to Trailer Tuesday.  Did you miss us?

I want to say for the record, I'm not a fan of how Apple TV does it's movie trailers now.  It's so difficult to find what you're looking for.  I miss when everything was in alphabetical order.  Now finding trailers has become a chore.

But enough of my griping, let's get into things, shall we?


Roadie

What They Say: Blue Oyster Cult roadie Jimmy, gets fired after 20 years and returns home to Queens where he links up with high school friends.  Starring Ron Eldard, Jill Hennesey and Bobby Cannavale.

Reasons To Pay:  First and foremost, it's On Demand on 12/2, so that's a plus.  Also it stars Ron Eldard, who always seems ot have the mose awesome facial hair.  Bobby Cannavale and Jill Hennesey also seem to really put their all into their roles as well.  And the story seems pretty solid.

Reasons To Stay: Honestly I can't think of a reason why you'd pass this one by.  It's On Demand on 12/2 and in theatres on 1/6.

At The End of the Day: Everything about this movie in intriguing.  The way it's being released, the cast, the story.  This may be the first flick I get via On Demand, though I really want to see it in the theater.


Shame

What They Say: It's a movie, starring Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan, about a sex addict who's sister moves in with him, upending his life. Also, it features full frontal.  On him.

Reasons To Pay:  The trailer is pretty dope.  Mulligan's haunting rendition of "New York, New York" plays over images of Fassbender's downward spiral into sex addiction, complete with bruises.  There's a scant one line of dialogue in the entire thing.  It's really quite a marvelous trailer.

Reasons To Stay:  The trailer tries it's best to overcome the NC-17 rating by showing quotes of critics raving about it and comparing it to other "adult" movies.  The quotes are actually distracting from the haunting images.

At The End of the Day: It seems to be a movie about two people, which I find appealing.  It's gotten glowing reviews and won all the right awards.  But I don't what would be more uncomfortable; going to see this NC-17 flick alone or taking someone with me.


The Hunger Games

What They Say:  In the future kids battle for the death in a televised game where they represent their districts.

Reasons To Pay: Um, Wes Bentley with wickedly sinister facial hair. The trailer is hella effective.  That countdown at the end, with the Tributes running to their weapons, got me a bit hyped.  Also, I loved Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson in last year's Oscar nominated Winter's Bone and The Kids Are All Right.

Reasons To Stay:  I don't know if I want to support Lenny Kravitz getting film work while his baby's mom remains woefully underemployed.  I'd feel pretty dirty jumping on the bandwagon of kid-lit flick given my hatred of Twilight.

At The End of the Day: This will probably be the easiest of all of the flicks to see, as I'll have plenty of folks eager to see it with me.  That said, the movie will do just fine without my contributing my money to it's earnings.

Hopefully next week we'll be back with more trailer and our takes on them. Unfortunately, because of how Apple TV organizes their trailers, we actually have to start searching for next week's trailers at this very moment. I hope you appreciate the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...