Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Munchies - Häagen-Dazs Limited Edition Spiced Caramel Biscuit


Three Monday Munchies in one day?  Yeah, there's a ton of new ice cream out.  and someone's got to write about it.  Right?

Anyway, since Häagen-Dazs has four new flavors on the shelves I figured I'd do a second Häagen-Dazs flavor today; Spiced Caramel Biscuit.  You game?

I'm a fan of cookies from across the pond.  I like biscuits and whatever else their called, so I was down for this Spiced Caramel Biscuit.  I've also enjoyed Häagen-Dazs' recent forays into the spice territory with Cranberry  Pumpkin Spice and Sweet Chai Latte.

My hopes were high.



The caramel ice cream is so incredibly smooth.  It's got the rich caramel flavor that's just sweet enough to be enticing, but not too sweet.  The caramel just pops and hits the tongue just right.  It's such an even tasting experience it's actually surprising because I'm not the biggest fan of caramel, but I love this ice cream.

Of course mixed in with the ice cream are the biscuit crumbles and they have quite the balancing effect.  Firstly, in terms of flavor, the biscuits pack a punch.  The biscuits themselves are buttery and sprinkled with cinnamon, which melds nicely with the caramel ice cream.  The crumbles are also crisp which gives the ice cream some texture.

I'm hard pressed to come up with enough good things to say about this flavor.  It's a mellow flavor that's full of subtle notes.  It's not a splashy or flashy flavor, but what it lacks in flair it makes up for in taste.

And since it looks like Cranberry Pumpkin Spice is gone for the season, I do believe this will replace that as my "chill out, relaxing" flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...