Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Munchies - Häagen-Dazs Limited Edition Vanilla Bean Espresso


As you know, I'm a fiend for ice cream.  It's always in my top three favorite things (usually joined by "females" and "music.")  So of course when I heard that Häagen-Dazs was putting out some new flavors, I literally jumped for joy.

Last weekend I stumbled into a not so local Target and found that they had all four of the Häagen-Dazs' new flavors fully in stock.

I was in heaven.



Vanilla Bean Espresso was the first flavor I tried went for.  I've always had a thing for vanilla and lately I've grown fond of chocolate covered espresso beans.  I was really curious how those two truly simple yet distinct flavors would work together.

When you open the container you're greeted with the familiar speckles of vanilla beans in the ice cream along with dark espresso swirls.  It's really appealing and strangely comforting.

Right off the bat you taste the marriage of the vanilla and the espresso.  They balance each other out in a sort of yin & yang for the tongue.  They aren't in conflict, but rather working together in a perfect melding of flavors.

For people worried about the harshness of the espresso, it's not bitter and it's balanced out perfectly by the vanilla.  In addition to the flavors, the there are flecks of espresso beans there that are large enough to give the the ice cream some added texture.

I've used it a couple times in the review already, but I if I had to describe the Vanilla Bean Espresso in one word, I'd have to go with "balance."

I think the people who will enjoy Vanilla Bean Espresso the most are those who appreciate nuance and subtlety.  It's not a particularly sweet flavor, but it should appeal people who enjoy both the vanilla bean and espresso components.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...